That being said, we are very interested in user feedback on our first couple pre-release discs for this version. Because we have a new major release we are trying a few different things that we want your input of. Features of note in this 3.0.0 alpha image that different from our Bodhi 2.x.y base:
- Ubuntu 14.04 base
- E19 pre-release replaces E17
- No more manual profile/theme selection at start up
- eConnman replaces nm-applet
- Pulseaudio replaces alsa as the default audio system
- Matrilineare replaces MaXo-Remix as the default icon set
- LightDM replaces LXDM as the display manager
- eSudo replaces gksudo
A few screenshots:
The best place to give feedback regarding this release is in our 3.0.0 pre-release forum section. Let us know what you think about these changes or let us know if you have suggestions for improvement. For this first release I've only prepared a 32bit PAE enabled ISO image. Starting with our beta release next month we will provide a non-PAE, PAE and 64bit disc image like we do for all official releases.
Also - don't forget you still have until the end of this month to donate and be entered in our Chromebook raffle!