While it does not address how all Linux distributions release, I think you may get my point. Most people fall into one of the following for their operating system upgrades:
- Upgrade to New Release Every 6 monthsish (Fedora isn't always on time)
- Upgrade to a new LTS every two years
- Upgrade to a new Windows version... Well, whenever the next one comes out!
- Upgrade Windows? Pff, XP is support till 2020!
- Upgrade your operating system? I use a rolling release distro!
What is your preferred release cycle for a operating system?