Monday, July 18, 2011

Seven Great Enlightenment (DR17) Themes

If you have been by my blog before then odds are you know I am a large fan of the Enlightenment desktop. While there are a number of reasons DR17 is my desktop of choice, one of them is the wonderful selection of themes that exist for it. In the past I have done round ups of my favorite icon sets and gtk themes. Today I would like to do the same for Enlightenment themes. The following are seven of my favorites:















If you use the Enlightenment desktop as well what are some of your favorite themes? If you are looking for more themes to choose from check out the Bodhi Linux Art Page and E17-Stuff.org.

~Jeff Hoogland

8 comments:

  1. I, personally, love Green. It was the thing I loved most about Bodhi when I first encountered it as a beta. I thought the green-on black was a great throwback to the old "terminal" look and had a lot of "geek chic."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, but most -- if not all -- of your themes look messy, half-baked and user-unfriendly. Complete inconsistency in the placement of things like the window list and notification area, inconsistency in the appearance of the latter, the GIMP's component windows appearing separately in the window list (instead of one button saying GIMP), horribly designed dialogs like the "Theme Selector" and "Shelf Settings" with color choices that make things unreadable, like white text on a bright button.. and the list goes on. Maybe these are not problems of the themes, but rather of Enlightenment itself, I don't know. The end result is a messy desktop that I doubt can be usable for long and for serious work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll feed the troll with one comment.

    You obviously have never used the E desktop (or if you have you didn't take any time to learn how it works). They layout of your desktop has nothing to do with the theme you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff, Half of that comment is directed at the color i.e., they have a legitimate problem with the themeing. What's with the ad homenim reply?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no trouble reading any of the text in the themes I list here. If you have an issue with them you are welcome to create a theme yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I have to say none of those are my favorites either, except maybe la noche...I love Agust's black and blue themes.

    But what I get from Jeff's post is Enlightenment's massive customizability.

    I have a hard time using any other desktop now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can we get 'Rounded Windows' instead of the square ones?

    ReplyDelete